[OpenAFS] OpenAFS still in development?

Garance A Drosehn drosih@rpi.edu
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:25:31 -0400

Hmm.  I have multiple macs running (between here in the office and at
home), and on average I go something like 40-60 days before I have to
reboot.  And the most frequent reason for a reboot is that Apple has
released an update which forces me to reboot.  My Mac at home sees
fairly light and simple use, but the one here in my office is loaded up
with quite a lot of different things running, and running all the time.
It may be significant that I haven't installed Yosemite yet (partially
due to OpenAFS installer questions, but mainly because I haven't had the
time).  And I know several of my friends keep their macs running for
long stretches between reboots.  Not all of them, but most of them.

You mention "per apple support".  Do you have a link to a knowledge-base
article or some other web page which mentions what issue you're running
into?  It might be helpful to know for my friends who do seem to need to
reboot every week or two.

		-- garance alistair drosehn