[OpenAFS] Start of afsd fails with "afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization."

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:23:41 +0100

On Feb 11, 2016, at 09:50 , Volkmar Glauche wrote:

> also:
>=20
> Zitat von Karl-Philipp Richter <richter@richtercloud.de>:
>=20
>=20
>> ... There're no system packages installed and OpenAFS and
>> kerberos (in case that matters) are installed from source (OpenAFS
>> openafs-devel-1_5_76-4781-ged52d65) and `lsmod | grep afs` shows:
>=20
> Why aren't you using the OpenAFS/Kerberos packages that are shipped =
with Ubuntu? Current stable Linux releases are 1.6.x. OpenAFS 1.5.x is =
an older development branch, and its associated libafs kernel module =
will most likely fail to build on modern kernels. If you really need to =
build your own AFS, you should go for the latest 1.6 release that =
supports your kernel.

Note that the last kernel supported is 4.3 . We know we're broken on 4.4 =
. Not sure about 4.3.3 and what Ubuntu may already have backported.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-
Platanenenallee 6