[OpenAFS] some older openafs-client versions have started failing

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:09:16 +0200

--Wn80FlRELUX3bE8JQp2lNnp7p34Rjq2An
From: Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at>
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] some older openafs-client versions have started failing

--aT7kEO1tBGQ75elB4CEmEmDla5flQaf3h

On 2016-07-15 07:34, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
>=20
>> I currently see similar issues with Debian Wheezy and Debian Jessie.
>=20
> Can you please provide actual exact (debian) versions, for both the
> openafs-client and kernel?  Attempting to say anything without them wou=
ld
> require some level of speculation.
>=20
>> git gc consistently fails with ETIMEDOUT for the same path on both
>> machines.  My fileservers have not changed recently.
>>
>> When I mentioned this #openafs on Freenode, Benjamin Kaduk seemed to
>> think this problem exists in the client/cache manager.
>=20
> There are new issues in recent versions of the openafs client that can
> manifest like this ... but that would not explain anything if you are
> using the versions from wheezy or even jessie.

I would like to add, one of our debian users in here has a debian jessie
system (1.6.9 OpenAFS) and had the timeout issues on git this week, too.
We upgraded to OpenAFS from Debian sid (1.6.18) and it works again.
All versions out of official debian repos.

I do not know if the timeout on git operations started last week or not,
it was the first time I got noticed about it.
But as we only got very few linux users, I do not have a control group
to check against.

> -Ben

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723