[OpenAFS] some older openafs-client versions have started failing

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 15 Jul 2016 01:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

> I currently see similar issues with Debian Wheezy and Debian Jessie.

Can you please provide actual exact (debian) versions, for both the
openafs-client and kernel?  Attempting to say anything without them would
require some level of speculation.

> git gc consistently fails with ETIMEDOUT for the same path on both
> machines.  My fileservers have not changed recently.
>
> When I mentioned this #openafs on Freenode, Benjamin Kaduk seemed to
> think this problem exists in the client/cache manager.

There are new issues in recent versions of the openafs client that can
manifest like this ... but that would not explain anything if you are
using the versions from wheezy or even jessie.

-Ben