[OpenAFS] compile fails kernel version 4.4.0-1-default

Michael Laß lass@mail.upb.de
Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:29:17 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2016, 16:47 +0100 schrieb mdrslmr:
> I created a patch from what you suggested above.
>
> [...]
>
> I did all of that on top of AUR-openafs-linux-4.4 which was provided by
> Bevan, the openafs archlinux packager.
>
> The patch I actually used is attached below.

That patch is not complete (it's missing the configuration flag). I
will update the corresponding git branch for the openafs package soon
to allow testing. But since LINUX_USE_SPLICE wasn't defined your patch
should have worked, too.

Was the error code 32 returned from git or did the kernel log message
change accordingly? Does your log again show a lost file server
connection? And have files been corrupted or just the checkout aborted?

Cheers,
Michael