[OpenAFS] compile fails kernel version 4.4.0-1-default

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 8 Mar 2016 18:13:12 +0100

On Mar 8, 2016, at 17:29 , Michael La=DF wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2016, 16:47 +0100 schrieb mdrslmr:
>> I created a patch from what you suggested above.
>>=20
>> [...]
>>=20
>> I did all of that on top of AUR-openafs-linux-4.4 which was provided =
by
>> Bevan, the openafs archlinux packager.
>>=20
>> The patch I actually used is attached below.
>=20
> That patch is not complete (it's missing the configuration flag).

Indeed. The complete patch as proposed would look like =
http://gerrit.openafs.org/#/c/12217/ . Chas already objected to making =
it possible to reactivate afs_linux_storeproc with a configure switch, =
and he's probably right, but please feel free to comment on that change.

> will update the corresponding git branch for the openafs package soon
> to allow testing. But since LINUX_USE_SPLICE wasn't defined your patch
> should have worked, too.

Right.

> Was the error code 32 returned from git or did the kernel log message
> change accordingly? Does your log again show a lost file server
> connection? And have files been corrupted or just the checkout =
aborted?

Good questions.

Sigh. Looks like there's more to it.

--=20