[OpenAFS] Git throwing bus error when pack files not entirely cached

Michael Laß lass@mail.upb.de
Mon, 14 Mar 2016 23:05:23 +0100

Am Montag, den 14.03.2016, 10:51 +0100 schrieb mdrslmr:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016, Michael Laß wrote:
> > Now here's the interesting part: If the OpenAFS cache is large enough
> What is large enough? Or rather how small must the cache be to produce
> the error?

Big enough to entirely hold the pack file (and other accessed files).

> I tried with:
> /etc/openafs/cacheinfo:
> /afs:/var/cache/openafs:100000
>
> and
> /afs:/var/cache/openafs:5000
>
> in not case was I able to reproduce the bus error.

I can even reproduce it with 2 GB cache if I don't run the cat command
before. But it takes a while and sometimes git finishes successfully. I
will continue playing around with this to see if any other factors
contribute to this.

Michael