[OpenAFS] Check free space on AFS share before login

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Wed, 01 Feb 2017 13:15:31 +0100 (CET)

I think the problem is well known and what one would need to do is to
make (at every travesal of an AFS mount point) the OS aware of that
the AFS volume in question is a seperate "device". Then make the
statfs syscall on that path return the quota info from AFS. This has
of course to happen dynamically as you make your way through the AFS
space.

This would make every volume look as a seperate file system. There
are pros and cons in that approach.

I think noone has written the code (for Unix/Linux) yet, but the
Windows client might do this, but I'm by no means someone who knows
something about AFS on Windows ;-)

At our site, so far, is has been cheaper to multiply all quotas by 2
whenever the problem arose again.

Und Tschüß,
Harald.