[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Windows build environment

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:53:56 -0600

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:51:19AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 2/14/2017 7:37 AM, Kostas Liakakis wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jeffrey,
> >
> > On 2017-02-14 03:53, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >> They are built with WiX 3.9 scripts.  The
> >> installation packaging in the OpenAFS tree can no longer be used.
> > I see. So I'll switch to a later version as Ben suggested and see what
> > happens. Hopefully we won't have to reinvent the wheel.
>
> The WiX 2.0 scripts cannot be used.  Someone will have to write a new
> installer.

Well, perhaps there is something of a ship of Theseus when "new" is
used...someone will certainly need to read up on WiX and understand
what is going on, at least.  It's a little strange coming from my
background, but IIRC the documentation was fairly reasonable.

-Ben