[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.8.0 alpha 1 available

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:28:02 -0600

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 08:47:10PM +0100, Sergio Gelato wrote:
> * Benjamin Kaduk [2016-12-31 19:03:01 -0600]:
> > The release notes are at
> > http://openafs.org/dl/openafs/candidate/1.8.0pre1/RELNOTES-1.8.0pre1
>
> The need to run akeyconvert on upgrade from 1.6 could be stated more
> emphatically in the release notes (as an action item, not just a change
> description among many).

I think we are somewhat constrained by the file format, but we will take
a look before the final release.

> Maybe the Debian packages should even do it in postinst, or tell the
> administrator about it via a debconf note.

There should be a NEWS entry for openafs-fileserver to get displayed
on interactive updates (https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-k5-afs/openafs.git/tree/debian/openafs-fileserver.NEWS?h=experimental) at the moment.
I thought about trying to do it automatically in postinst, but decided
that such functionality was not needed for the first alpha; I'll probably
revisit that before the final release gets uploaded to Debian.

-Ben