[OpenAFS] Re: RHEL 7.5 beta / 3.10.0-830.el7.x86_66 kernel lock up

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:39:15 -0600

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 04:20:59PM -0500, Kodiak Firesmith wrote:
> Not much else to report today other than expanding my test base out to a
> few more RHEL 7.5b hosts, and re-rolled the 1.6.22.1-1 SRPM again, and am
> still seeing the same results universally.  Every host fails to boot due to
> a kernel panic when it tries to load the openafs DKMS kernel module.

The screen picture you posted earlier had two entries for attempting
to start the openafs client (both failed).  The client is known to
panic if afsd is run a second time without an unload/load of the
kernel module in between.  Is it possible that this is happening in
your setup?

-Ben