[OpenAFS] connection timed out, how long is the timeout?

Jose M Calhariz jose.calhariz@tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 12:29:30 +0000

Hi,

I am chasing the root problem in my infra-structure of afsdb and
afs-fileservers.  Sometimes my afsdb loses quorum in the middle of a
vos operation or the Linux clients time out talking to the
file servers.  To help diagnose the problem I would like to know how
long is the timeout and if I can change the time out connections in
the Debian clients and for the vos operations.  My plan is to increase and
decrease the timeouts in OpenAFS and other timeouts in Linux to
identify if I have a possible problem with the data network, iSCSI
network, overload on the hosts of VM, overload on the file servers or
other possible problem.

The core of my infra-structure are 4 afsdb running Debian 9, and using
OpenAFS from Debian 1.6.20, on a shared virtualization platform.  The
file-servers running Debian 9 and using OpenAFS from Debian, 1.6.20,
are VMs in dedicated hosts for OpenAFS on top of libvirt/KVM.

Kind regards
Jose M Calhariz

A Coca-Cola encarna a verdadeira beleza do capitalismo. Ela é uma espécie de religião secular, sem ensinamento moral nem outro mandamento que não seja o aumento do consumo de sua bebida

--Mark Pendergrast