[OpenAFS] afs backup solutions ?

John N. Riley III john3@teradactyl.com
Tue, 1 May 2018 14:07:42 -0600

--000000000000e9668a056b2a85f4

Gary,

We have many alternative storage options available.  I sent you a message
directly.  I don't think these solutions will support the NCSU move to
AuriStor but I suggest you check to see if your division is included in
that transition.

Thanks,

John Riley III

--
--------------------------------
Teradactyl LLC. - Global Storage Solutions
--------------------------------
This message is NOT encrypted however encryption options are available!
--------------------------------
John N. Riley, III, MBA
Chief Executive Officer
Teradactyl LLC.
2450 Baylor Drive SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
--------------------------------
(505) 338 - 6000 Albuquerque Office
(575) 835 - 0830 Socorro Office
http://www.teradactyl.com
john3@teradactyl.com
--------------------------------
NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this
message is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient of this transmittal, you are hereby
notified that you received this transmittal in error, and we request
that you please delete and destroy all copies and attachments in your
possession, notify the sender that you have received this communication
in error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of
any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.

Regular internet e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is
complete or accurate, and it should not be relied upon as such. If you
prefer to communicate with Teradactyl LLC. using secure (i.e., encrypted
and/or digitally signed) e-mail transmission, please notify the sender.
Otherwise, you will be deemed to have consented to communicate with
Teradactyl via regular internet e-mail transmission. Please note that
Teradactyl reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain all
e-mail messages (including secure e-mail messages) sent to or from its
systems as permitted by applicable law.

--000000000000e9668a056b2a85f4

options available.=C2=A0 I sent you a message directly.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t t=
hink these solutions will support the NCSU move to AuriStor but I suggest y=
ou check to see if your division is included in that transition.</div><div>=
div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, May 1, 201=
8 at 1:34 PM, Gary Gatling <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gsgatlin=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ntly we had an issue with our backup solution, a system called Teradactyl.<=
is that the central computing group&#39;s tape robots or VTL&#39;s are old =
and highly unreliable and there won&#39;t be any monies to get new tape sys=
WS Glacier.=C2=A0 <a href=3D"https://aws.amazon.com/glacier/" target=3D"_bl=
s wondering if it might be possible to use some kind of open source softwar=
e to handle openafs file server backups and restores ? Something such as am=
anda ?=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.amanda.org/" target=3D"_blank">http://ww=
w.amanda.org/</a> Could that be made to backup to=C2=A0AWS Glacier with vos=
st have unreliable backups for 6 months even though we are paying for a Ter=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><d=
OT encrypted however encryption options are available!</div><div>----------=
"http://www.teradactyl.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.teradactyl.com</a>=
ICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this</div><d=
iv>message is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If<=
/div><div>you are not the intended recipient of this transmittal, you are h=
ereby</div><div>notified that you received this transmittal in error, and w=
e request</div><div>that you please delete and destroy all copies and attac=
hments in your</div><div>possession, notify the sender that you have receiv=
ed this communication</div><div>in error, and note that any review or disse=
mination of, or the taking of</div><div>any action in reliance on, this com=
et e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure</div><div>or error=
-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is</div><div>co=
mplete or accurate, and it should not be relied upon as such. If you</div><=
div>prefer to communicate with Teradactyl LLC. using secure (i.e., encrypte=
d</div><div>and/or digitally signed) e-mail transmission, please notify the=
 sender.</div><div>Otherwise, you will be deemed to have consented to commu=
nicate with</div><div>Teradactyl via regular internet e-mail transmission. =
Please note that</div><div>Teradactyl reserves the right to intercept, moni=
tor, and retain all</div><div>e-mail messages (including secure e-mail mess=
ages) sent to or from its</div><div>systems as permitted by applicable law.=

--000000000000e9668a056b2a85f4--