[OpenAFS] problems with ubuntu 18.04 client

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Mon, 1 Oct 2018 18:31:42 -0500

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 11:55:48PM +0200, martin.flemming@desy.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> In the last days we're getting more and more messages from users about
> having problems accessing their home-directories or subfolder or the hole
> user-tree /afs/desy.de/user is missing ...
>
> Using ubuntu 18.04 with the regular openafs-client 1.8.0 ~ pre5-1 and 4.15.0-34-generic kernel ...
> Server are running with mostly 1.6.22 / 1.6.23 with Centos7 ...
>
> Are any problems known here with this combination ?
>
> Solution seems to be only a reboot of the system ... Unfortunatley i've
> got not time to analyze one of these Desktops, because the user report
> this problem afterwards of the reboot ...

The only thing that comes to mind would be the fix for broken volume
callbacks from https://gerrit.openafs.org/13140 , since
https://gerrit.openafs.org/12851 (already in 1.8.0pre5) was supposed to
take care of the main source of spurious ENOENTs.

Any chance you could try a 1.8.1 or newer (e.g., the 1.8.2 available at
https://launchpad.net/~openafs/+archive/ubuntu/stable)?

Thanks,

Ben