[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Security Releases 1.8.2, 1.6.23 available

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:53:14 -0400

Uusually I grab the .src.rpm , rebuild it, and then push the generated
binaries to our machines.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 04:46:46PM +0000, Sebby, Brian A. wrote:
> Previous releases have included source RPMs that made it easier for us =
to build RPMs to deploy to our Red Hat-based servers.  I was hoping it ma=
ybe had just not yet been released yet, but there still isn=E2=80=99t a s=
ource RPM for 1.6.23.  It looks like one was built for 1.6.24.4, so I may=
 just end up deploying that since we do not use any of the backup utiliti=
es.  I know that support for RPMs from OpenAFS is something that=E2=80=99=
s been discussed for a long time, but I hadn=E2=80=99t seen any official =
announcement (unless I missed it) that indicated that they would no longe=
r be created.
>=20
> For any other folks using Red Hat =E2=80=93 what are you doing for depl=
oying OpenAFS?  Are there any repos out there equivalent to the Ubuntu PP=
A?

--=20
David William Botsch
Programmer/Analyst