[OpenAFS] Upgrade of server by moving drives

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 26 Feb 2019 03:48:11 +0100 (CET)

> The "vos syncserv" and/or "vos syncvldb" commands can help with this
> (but I always have to read the docs to remember which to use).

If the volumes on the server are the real world and the VLDB is the
map to find them, then

syncvldb adjusts the map to match the world
syncserv adjusts the real world to match the map

I mostly use syncvldb and delentry to adjust the VLDB and never found
a good use for syncserv. If there are old duplicates of volumes not in
the VLDB which I really want to remove that can be done with vos zap.

And I forgot to mention that 7. Clean up the temp IP/sysid in the VLDB
is done like this:

That command is not named vos removeaddr but hidden in vos changeaddr -oldaddr A.B.C.D -remove

Harald.