[OpenAFS] Upgrade of server by moving drives

Mike B. Kerber michael.kerber@univie.ac.at
Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:19:12 +0100

--YeBWdJhbOqOp2RbfAHVz3gvLjPGCbAWTr
From: "Mike B. Kerber" <michael.kerber@univie.ac.at>
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Upgrade of server by moving drives

--l6DmELeEIcpFS2s5oHCNDfCtt1Jplai3J

On 26/02/2019 03:48, Harald Barth wrote:
>=20
>> The "vos syncserv" and/or "vos syncvldb" commands can help with this
>> (but I always have to read the docs to remember which to use).
>=20
> If the volumes on the server are the real world and the VLDB is the
> map to find them, then
>=20
> syncvldb adjusts the map to match the world
> syncserv adjusts the real world to match the map
>=20
> I mostly use syncvldb and delentry to adjust the VLDB and never found
> a good use for syncserv. If there are old duplicates of volumes not in
> the VLDB which I really want to remove that can be done with vos zap.
>=20
> And I forgot to mention that 7. Clean up the temp IP/sysid in the VLDB
> is done like this:
>=20
> That command is not named vos removeaddr but hidden in vos changeaddr -=
oldaddr A.B.C.D -remove=20
>=20
> Harald.
>=20
Hello!

Thank you for all your input. It works as i expected but it is good to
know that i did not miss anything and that even without copying the
sysid one might get this to work. Nice piece of Software.
I will use the method using the sysid copy, that feels right to me and
it worked nicely with a small test server.

Thanks a lot!
-michael