[OpenAFS] Upgrade of server by moving drives

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:29:18 -0500

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 03:48:11 +0100 (CET)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> > The "vos syncserv" and/or "vos syncvldb" commands can help with this
> > (but I always have to read the docs to remember which to use).
>
> If the volumes on the server are the real world and the VLDB is the
> map to find them, then
>
> syncvldb adjusts the map to match the world
> syncserv adjusts the real world to match the map
>
> I mostly use syncvldb and delentry to adjust the VLDB and never found
> a good use for syncserv. If there are old duplicates of volumes not in
> the VLDB which I really want to remove that can be done with vos zap.
>
> And I forgot to mention that 7. Clean up the temp IP/sysid in the VLDB
> is done like this:
>
> That command is not named vos removeaddr but hidden in vos changeaddr -oldaddr A.B.C.D -remove

Hello Harald,

FYI, The 'vos remaddrs' command has been available since OpenAFS 1.6.16 and can
be used to remove unreferenced server entries in the VLDB. You'll need to list
the UUID of the fileserver with 'vos listaddrs -printuuid' to get the UUID of
the fileserver entry to be removed. The old 'vos changeaddr' should no longer
be needed, since -remove was the last useful option.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>