[OpenAFS] "Upgrading" an OpenAFS server from opensuse leap 42.3 to opensuse leap 15.1

Kenneth Aaker kenaaker@gmail.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:53:13 -0600

Hi,

I just got my OpenAFS server working again after upgrading the system
from OpenSuSE Leap 42.3 to Leap 15.1.  I ran into one puzzling problem
doing that upgrade.  The system upgrade finished after whining about a
couple things, but the OpenAFS server (version 1.8.2) didn't know about
any of the volumes or PTS information.  I finally figured out that the
server local files (including the databases) had moved from
/var/lib/openafs (on version 1.6) to /var/openafs.

Just something to watch out for....

Ken Aaker