[OpenAFS-win32-devel] Visual Studio Solution

Mickey Lane mickeylane33540@gmail.com
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:27:28 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA24F0.EB960970

I would like to know if there is any interest in the OpenAFS for Windows
community for a Visual Studio Solution for the Windows client.

I have one (VS 2008) that contains projects for most of the libraries, DLLs
and executables. It'll need some work before it's usable by anyone other
than myself. If there's interest, I don't mind doing that work and making it
available, time permitting.

The solution I implemented lives in a peer directory of the src, doc, obj
and dest directories. The files it builds wind up under that peer directory,
not in the existing obj and dest directories. The peer output directory
structure mimics the existing obj and dest output structure. The solution
does not require any modifications the existing source code, build files,
etc in any way.

My reason for doing this is that after many years, I am most comfortable
searching, navigating and editing within the Visual Studio environment. I
use it all the time. It was easier for me to do this than it was to deal
with a different set of tools.

While the solution has built components that have successfully executed in
conjunction with the files from the current install package and the run-time
debugging things work, I do not suggest that the solution be considered a
replacement for the current build process. It could be some day but it'd
take a awful lot of testing and proving before I'd trust it.

Comments?

Mickey.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA24F0.EB960970

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

the OpenAFS
for Windows community for a Visual Studio Solution for the Windows =
client.<o:p></o:p></p>

most of the
libraries, DLLs and executables. It'll need some work before it's usable =
by
anyone other than myself. If there's interest, I don't mind doing that =
work and
making it available, time permitting.<o:p></o:p></p>

directory of the src,
doc, obj and dest directories. The files it builds wind up under that =
peer
directory, not in the existing obj and dest directories. The peer output
directory structure mimics the existing obj and dest output structure. =
The
solution does not require any modifications the existing source code, =
build
files, etc in any way.<o:p></o:p></p>

I am most
comfortable searching, navigating and editing within the Visual Studio
environment. I use it all the time. It was easier for me to do this than =
it was
to deal with a different set of tools.<o:p></o:p></p>

successfully executed in conjunction with the files from the current =
install
package and the run-time debugging things work, I do not suggest that =
the
solution be considered a replacement for the current build process. It =
could be
some day but it'd take a awful lot of testing and proving before I'd =
trust it.<o:p></o:p></p>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA24F0.EB960970--