[OpenAFS-port-darwin] aklog/afslog at console login and Mac OS 10.2

Joseph Jackson jackson@CMU.EDU
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:51:27 -0400

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 04:15 PM, Dan Hyde wrote:

> So, what should I tell Apple tomorrow when I meet with them to talk
> about this sort of issue?

It's unfortunate that the Kerberos application doesn't work properly
when /Library/Preferences is unreadable. When my AFS tokens expire, I
can't use the Kerberos application to get new tickets because my home
directory is in OpenAFS. It fails with this error:

	An error occurred while logging in.
	The specified realm is not in your configuration file or does not exist
	<OK>

I'd prefer that it act like most apps and try to use the defaults in
/Library/Preferences rather than failing.

Joe Jackson,
Carnegie Mellon University.