[OpenAFS-port-darwin] disktool -r in OpenAFS StartupItems script

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:54:13 +0200

--==========1510198388==========

-- "Jonathan Z. Simon" <jzsimon@eng.umd.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on=20
Dienstag, 22. April 2003 17:37 Uhr -0400 regarding [OpenAFS-port-darwin]=20
disktool -r in OpenAFS StartupItems script:

> Following Alexei Kosut's suggestion (appending disktool -r to the OpenAFS
> StartupItems script) has made my world a better place.
>
> Before the change, my OpenAFS enable powerbook would freeze for several
> minutes on logging in (not booting) the first time after rebooting on a
> new network.

I never have/had that problem.

> Since appending "disktool -r", the freeze has disappeared. :)

Unfortunately it did not solve the issue I am observing: can you run=20
"diskutil" from the Terminal once "disktool -r" has run? It crashes for me=20
every time, even if "disktool -r" is only called in the startup script. I=20
wonder if this is the general behavior or if it is specific to my Mac:=20
10.2.5, AFS 1.2.8, G4 MDD Dual 1.25 Ghz
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK