[OpenAFS-port-darwin] "disktool -r" causes Bus error from diskutil

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@nada.kth.se
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:40:51 +0200

--On den 23 april 2003 09:31 -0400 "Jonathan Z.Simon" <jzsimon@eng.umd.edu>
wrote:

> Now that you mention it, I do have the same problem: after running
> "disktool -r", diskutil gives a Bus error. If "disktool -r" is not run,
> diskutil runs normally. It does not matter if "disktool -r" is run in the
> openAFS script (as root) or later as a user.
>
> I have the error on two computers, both running 10.2.5, openAFS 1.2.7;
> one a G4 Powerbook, the other a 17" iMac.  :(

I have never seen any problems with either disktool -r or diskutil.
I tend to think that the openafs client is the bad guy here.
As you by now may know, we don't use openafs but the Arla client
(<http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/arla/>).
Try it without openafs and see what you get, you can also try
it with arla instead and see if you get the same problem.

Is there anyone actively working on the openafs client to check
and maybe fix these problems?

/ragge