[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: port-darwin digest, Vol 1 #81 - 1 msg

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:57:38 -0700

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 9:49 AM, David Botsch wrote:
> Maybe a better question would be, is it possible to get the screen
> saver to renew kerberos tickets? And if kerberos tickets are renewed,
> does this trigger Alexei's plugin to refresh tokens?

If Kerberos tickets are renewed, the plugin will refresh the AFS
tokens.  However, the screensaver doesn't do this, and I don't know of
any way to make it do that.  The screensaver lock doesn't support
Kerberos passwords generally, or anything other than local passwords.
My guess would be that if Apple added support for Kerberos passwords to
the screensaver, ticket/token renewal would come for free.

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>