[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Resource / Data Forks

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 19 May 2003 19:21:53 -0400

In my experience, it handles resource forks just fine, thought, not in separate
directories.

Instead, the resource fork for filename ends up in a file called ._filename

I don't know if this is an afs oddity or an OS X oddity.

While UNIX users won't see these ._ files, Windows users will (and can
potentially delete them). Depending on the file, this may or may not be a
problem.

Yes, a Mac user can save something to AFS space and then a MS or UNIX person
can open it (barring the usual problems inherent in things like MS Office can't
read its own files, etc).