[OpenAFS-port-darwin] building 1.2.9 on Jaguar

Steve Lidie sol0@Lehigh.EDU
Tue, 27 May 2003 11:56:37 -0400

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 11:19 US/Eastern, David Botsch wrote:

> A couple of questions since I am building 1.2.9 on Jaguar with Alexi's
> patches.

This from memory/notes on my 1.2.7 build, with Alexei's help ...

> Got the following things not being built for ppc_darwin_60... do I
> care?
>
> shared libafsrpc
> MT libadmin
>
> also got the following warning from ld:
>
> ld: warning table of contents of library openafs-1.2.9/lib/librxkad.a
> not sorted slower link editing will result (use the ranlib(1) -s
> option)
>
> I used ./configure --enable-transarc-paths
> --with-afs-sysname=ppc_darwin_60 followed by a make

same here ..

> also saw a lot of ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xdr_int
> and _xdr_string and _xdr_opaque and _xdr_u_long among others (all seem
> to be xdr things)... once again, since it seems to have built... do I
> care?
>
> then, of course make dest, which seems to have finished successfully.
>
> Now, how do I turn this into a Mac OS X package? I thought there were
> some scripts included some place, but cannot seem to find anything.

   603  cd openafs-1.2.7/
   606  ./configure --with-afs-sysname=ppc_darwin_60
--enable-transarc-paths
   607  make
   620  make dest
   621  cd ..
   622  ./buildpkg.sh openafs-1.2.7/ppc_darwin_60/dest/

I wasn't watching the entire process, so there could have been the
errors you mentioned.  You have to dig around to find the file
buildpkg.sh.... since it may well be different for 1.2.9 I'll not
attach my copy...