[OpenAFS-port-darwin] mozilla on afs probs

Noah B F Abrahamson nbfa@umich.edu
Tue, 27 May 2003 11:53:01 -0400

It's a known issue that Mozilla-based browsers (Camino, Netscape, etc)
cannot use non-HFS volumes for cache. You cannot, for example, install
either on a UFS-formatted Macintosh volume and expect it to work.  That
limitation exists with some other, rare Mac OS X applications, too.
There's no workaround.  I suppose you could create a read-write-able
HFS disk image of a non-HFS volume and use that for cache, if you're so
inclined, inelegant as that might be.

Noah

Noah B F Abrahamson
ITCS, Sites Mac