[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Panther and OpenAFS1.2.10a won't start

Nicholas Riley njriley@uiuc.edu
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:22:49 -0600

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:31:13AM -0600, Matt Elliott wrote:
> I just upgraded two systems from Jaguar 10.2.8 with OpenAFS 1.2.10.  Both
> systems were working fine and had afs access with no problems.
> I upgraded both systems to Panther and then installed OpenAFS 1.2.10a.  I
> rebooted and AFS hasn't started on either system.  I tried running the
> /Library/StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS script and I get the following error:
>
> melliott% ./OpenAFS start
> /Network/afs does not exist. Not starting AFS client.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?

Replace /Network/afs with /afs in /var/db/openafs/etc/cacheinfo -
/Network is managed by an automounter to implement network browsing in
Panther.

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>