[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Re: Many crashes on OS X 10.3

hays@ibiblio.org hays@ibiblio.org
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:30:00 -0400

--On Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:01 PM -0400
port-darwin-request@openafs.org wrote:

> I still play a large role in our student labs, though, and our work with
> 10.3 has really brought the OpenAFS port back to my front burner. Ever
> since 10.3.2 or so, I've noticed a number of panics during move
> operations.  If we can't get the OpenAFS client stabilized, our
> environment will need  major rework before we can upgrade our labs to
> 10.3. So I'm heavily  motivated to make sure Derrick has what he needs to
> fix the problems. ;-)

I can pretty reliably crash my machine by renaming or overwriting
files--what in particular does Derrick need in terms of data? And do you
want that info posted here?

Also, right now I'm using OpenAFS 1.2.10, would you all need data from that
version or something more recent? I'm willing to have a go at building from
source if you give me some pointers (I've made a few runs with the latest
unstable openafs-1.3.63, but I'm getting errors and so far aren't smart
enough to get around them).

--

bil hays