[OpenAFS-port-darwin] anyone want to work on the installer?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:44:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Everette Gray Allen wrote:

> So I assume that this question is in context of making this app and not
> building the installer.  I believe it would not be safe to assume that

building the installer, not installing it. if you don't have developer
tools installed, i don't care if you can build an installer.

> everyone has the Developer tools installed.  Personally I have been adding my
> own postflight script to the "stock" install to add all the needed files
> (ThisCell, TheseCells, CellServDB, afsd.options) for my site including a
> edu.mit.kerberos file and an aklogin.logout plug-in so I am hoping that a new
> postflight script would not add important install items but only easily
> replaceable configuration items? In other words I want to be able to rip out
> the "stock" postflight and add mine back without worry the install will not
> be complete.

if you can modify an installer now, i have no mechanism to make it so you
can't later. (and clearly you can, and clearly i can't:-)

you're just untarring, adding something, mucking with postflight, and
closing it. if we call this from postflight, well, you're of course free
to remove it. but that's orthogonal to building an installer, since
obviously you just told us you aren't.