[OpenAFS-port-darwin] Test Mavericks client available

Ken Hornstein kenh@pobox.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:08:56 -0500

I've built a Mavericks client package using the following steps:

- From the git OpenAFS 1.6.5.1 branch, I've applied all of the patches
  here:

  https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2013-November/001436.html

- I've also applied my patch for the crashes you get when creating symlinks
  (which I believe is the issue seen by emacs users), found here:

  https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2013-November/001442.html

To build this package, you need to do the following steps, based on
Matt Haught's work:

- Download the "Auxiliary Tools for Xcode - Late July 2012" from
  developer.apple.com.
- Copy PackageMaker.app into /Applications/Utilities.
- Create a link for it to /Developer/usr/bin, e.g.:

sudo mkdir -p /Developer/usr/bin/
sudo ln -s /Applications/Utilities/PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker \
  /Developer/usr/bin/PackageMaker

- Build the package using the following steps

% ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64" ./configure --enable-transarc-paths
% ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64" make dest

as root:

% ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64" make packages

I've placed my build of the resulting package at:

   ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kenh/OpenAFS-1.6.5.1-5-gcd7ec-Mavericks.dmg

To answer the next question ... if you get a message saying that the
package is signed by an unknown developer, Control-click on the package
and select Open from the menu; that will permit you to install it.

--Ken