[Port-solaris] Re: sol11 AFS syscall

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:45:37 -0600

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:26:16 -0600
"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:

> I know Oracle has changed Sun's policies on early public release of
> software changes, and this sort of change may have been caught much
> earlier, and not been an issue if the old policies were still in
> place.

Well, to be fair, I expect this would have been caught much earlier if
anyone had been testing the client on OpenSolaris regularly. But since I
didn't know anyone using OpenSolaris seriously, and since in the past
we've only had to make about 1 change to the client to accomodate for
OpenSolaris changes, I hadn't really been following it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net