[reiserfs-list] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMPcpu hog/etc.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2000 17:33:38 -0500

Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de> writes:

> There were plans to add a "key" interface, that would default to the current
> nfsfh.c implementation and could be overwriten per file system. Unfortunately
> it looks like it'll be 2.5 material now :-( That key would be somewhat larger
> than even 64bits though, more like 32bytes. And at that size you could also
> just pass a small filename in.

Egads.. 32 bytes!?!  Well, I suppose I could always just use the inode
number at init time, obtain and cache the key, and then use the key
for future invocations :)

-derek