[OpenAFS-devel] MODVERSIONS patch

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:58:49 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 09:26:27PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I should point out that I'm not against the patch.  Indeed, the patch
> should be added to the 2.2 config file as well.  In the end, I would
> like to see the OpenAFS kernel code integrated into the Linux kernel
> (but that's a different thread for a different night ;)  I'm just
> pointing out that when you change OpenAFS to meet your own
> requirements, you should not expect the OpenAFS developers to bend
> over backwards to solve the problems you induced.

Can I take a step back here?

Having the module in that location has NOTHING AT ALL to do with
modversions.  I had the same problem, and a similar patch that I forgot
to submit, when I first touched OpenAFS.  There's no bending over
backwards involved in working with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS.

The changing file paths are just cosmetic.

Dan