[OpenAFS-devel] AFS server on Windows

Madhuri Athota amadhuri@in.ibm.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:50:53 +0530

Hi,
>Can we use our Win2k server as the AFS kerberos server?
Yes you can use Win2K server as AFS kerberos server.

>And so, is it possible to access AFS files on Windows with Win2k domain
>login? So without re-entering a password?
This can be done by enabling integrated login and the user name in win2k
domain should be same as the AFS user.

>We have Windows servers that gives files to Windows users.
>Now, we want to access these files with Linux.
>Is it possible that a windows server gives those files through
>WindowsSMB + AFS at the same time?
Install AFS server on Windows server . Create volumes on this server and
put the files which you want to access in these volumes. Install AFS client
on Windows and Linux machine and access the files on the Windows server.

Regards,
-Madhuri

Madhuri Athota
Software Engineer
IBM India Software Labs, Pune - 411001
Tel:91-020-6449724   Extn:1497
Email:amadhuri@in.ibm.com

                    Jean-Eric Cuendet
                    <jean-eric.cuendet@lin       To:     openafs-devel@openafs.org
                    kvest.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     [OpenAFS-devel] AFS server on Windows
                    openafs-devel-admin@op
                    enafs.org

                    04/16/2002 03:15 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Jean-Eric Cuendet

Hi,
We have Windows servers that gives files to Windows users.
Now, we want to access these files with Linux.
Is it possible that a windows server gives those files through
WindowsSMB + AFS at the same time?
So Windows users would be happy with SMB and Linux users would be happy
with AFS?
I know that having an AFS server on Linux or Windows could serve files
to Linux and Windows clients but using AFS as the client for Windows is
not an option.

Other question:
Can we use our Win2k server as the AFS kerberos server?
And so, is it possible to access AFS files on Windows with Win2k domain
login? So without re-entering a password?

Thanks for your help
-jec

--
Jean-Eric Cuendet