[OpenAFS-devel] AFS and UFS logging (fwd)

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:22:44 -0400

> > No, it's still present in OpenAFS at the moment.  Keeping a separate
> > cache partition is probably the best solution at the moment.  Note
> > that, to my understanding, the bug only occurs when your UFS cache
> > partition contains other things in addition to the cache.  If you
> > are running with a separate /usr/vice/cache partition, enabling
> > UFS logging on it should work (but I'm not sure what's the real
> > benefit..)
> >
> > -- kolya

  We had some older boxes using Transarc's AFS Server that when we turned on
ufs logging for the /vicep? partition, and rebooted the machine, it would
practically destroy all volumes on the partition.  I don't know if that's been
fixed either, but I would assume not.

Just an FYI...
  Tim