[OpenAFS-devel] AFS Large File Support

R. Lindsay Todd toddr@rpi.edu
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:02:26 -0400

Folks:  I have been working on reimplementing Large File support for
namei fileservers.  Several patch sets have been integrated into the CVS
head; however, I've reached the point that I need some confidence that
my patches are not breaking things.  In particular, at this time I need
to be sure that "legacy" file servers, including those that are inode
based, continue to function correctly.

I've made a web site, http://www.rpi.edu/~toddr/Projects/OpenAFS/LFS/ to
track patches as I create them.  There is an active entry in the OpenAFS
bug manager, #1493, to which I will forward these patches once I have
confidence in them.  If you are interested in seeing large file support
and are able to help out with compiling, testing, and patches, please
check this out.

Thanks!

--
R. Lindsay Todd                      email: toddr@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer            phone: 518-276-2605