[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-kernel-sources rpm problem

rmarco@ifca.unican.es rmarco@ifca.unican.es
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:33:31 +0100 (MET)

I just did rpm -ihv openafs-kernel-sources-<version>.rpm
(i needed to compile the kernel module for a new kernel,
and after solving this problem if worked very well)
but since /tmp was full the command did not work, but instead
of writing a comment about the problem and stopping the process
in a nice way, it just keeps wating... ; then i tried to remove some
old files from /tmp but i found no change, then i did a kill -9
of the rpm -i proccess but it failed and i finally had to reboot
the machine to be able to use again the rpm command,
  I think most of RPMs check the disk space available before
installation in order to avoid this kind of problems,
... but now i realize that probably the problem does not come from your
openafs RPM but from the rpm command itself..

regards,
Rafa