[OpenAFS-devel] AFS_without_kerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:01:21 -0500

prasanna wakhare wrote:

> hi,
> i had done AFS installation without kerbos
> installation but where the problem is
>
> witgh commands like
> #kinit myuser

kinit is kerberos, so did you install it or not?

But you should still be able access some of AFS without a token.

> #fs setacl /afs system:anyuser re
> it says that
> fs:you dont have a required permission on /afs

I saw a similiar problem, It could also be the permisions
on the mount point /afs. Reboot in single user mode so you
can change it to to 777 I beleive, before the afsd is started.
You may have it a 600 or something like that.