[OpenAFS-devel] another weird afs client issue w/ cannot talk to server

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 17:09:35 +0200

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at 04:49  PM, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Nope, simple straightforward cisco router. It happens randomly, to
> random clients.  Doesn't happen very often though, but when it does,
> sometimes waiting helps, but usually requires booting the client. I do
> not believe I have seen it on a system on the same subnet as the
> fileserver, but I may have.

As I mentioned earlier I had the same behaviour a few days ago.
I got the "phenomenon" :-) last night again.

It's exactly the same behaviour described by Nathan.
I did a tcpdump and noticed the fileserver was sending that client
callbacks and the client responded. Which means the two machines are
communicating. (network is OK)
So It might just be somewhere else.

BTW my client is in the same subnet even on the same switch.

Horst