[OpenAFS-devel] afs on sparc64

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:42:46 +0200 (MEST)

> So my question is: Does anybody run afs on sparc64 Linux?

I don't think so. I thought I was the last one when I ran SuSE on an
Ultra 1 2 years or so ago. Back then, I made some ugly patches to the
arla source which probably did not make it into the distro. You can
find it here
/afs/stacken.kth.se/ftp/pub/arla/random-patches/suse-sparc64-0.35.patch
or at the correspondnding location in ftp but you'll have to work it
into current arla yourself.

> If so, how did you do it?

When I did it I was constantly swearing about the lack of coordiantion
between the different architecture trees in the Linux kernel. There
is not even a .h file describing the pointer type in the sys_call_table*
It was very frustrating. I don't know why I expose myself to this
kind of stuff ;-)

Harald.

PS: <teasing> If you run a lot of Gnome and KDE stuff on your Solaris 9
              or 10, will you notice the difference? </teasing>