[OpenAFS-devel] Byte-range Locking in Linux CM (Implements Nathan Neulinger Proposal, Linux)

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:33:05 -0500

Neat trick using the posix_lock_file routine...=20

One concern - does it properly handle a lock that has requested
blocking? i.e. SETLKW?

I don't see that flag anywhere in the code... And importantly - does it
actually block just that one process when that single lock is requested?

That was one of the tricky spots that I got into when I started fiddling
with the idea.

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216
=20