[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris AFS partition becomes corrupt after mounting

Tim Spriggs tims@hindmost.LPL.Arizona.EDU
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:12:26 -0700 (MST)

> > /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s5 /vicepa afs 3 yes nologging
>
> Is it possible to figure out that the /vicep* we are on is logging and
> then refuse to use such a partition?

What would be even better is an install script/process for any given os.
Detection of the system type would be easy and certain caveats could be
easily incorporated into the install based on system/os type. Obviously,
the easiest thing is to add a line to the documentation but a great
long-term solution would be an install process that you don't have to read
through a doc, find a bunch of files to copy by hand, patch init scripts
by hand, create filesystems and debug known problems etc.

I would be happy to test/help modify such a beast on a Solaris 9 machine I
have in my office. It is sitting here for the sole purpose of test-bedding
afs for use in our dept.

Thanks,
-Tim

Tim Spriggs - LPL Webmaster