[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs is really faster on linux-2.4. than 2.6

Steve Simmons scs@di.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:59:19 -0400

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:44:47PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> What openafs packages are in debian sarge? Is there some way to get those
> updated, or are we stuck pulling packages from testing/unstable?

The production branch (stable) is 1.3.81.  Testing is 1.3.82.  Unstable
is 1.3.87 for most architectures, 1.3.82 for HP precision.

> . . . Is there some way to get those
> updated, or are we stuck pulling packages from testing/unstable?

I'm not a debian developer, but my experience has been that if you can
show bugs in stable that are fixed in testing, you're most of the way
there.

FWIW, we're just install our first Debian AFS systems and are using
the sarge stable versions.  We've seen odd things, but they're much
more related to our krb4 and the need for funky PAM modules.  We'll
upgrade to krbV soon, real soon . . . yeah, right.
--
Sturgeons Law:      "90% of everything is crap."
Simmons' Corollary: "10% of everything is worth looking at."