[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs is really faster on linux-2.4. than 2.6

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:27:45 -0700

Steve Simmons <scs@di.org> writes:

> FWIW, we're just install our first Debian AFS systems and are using the
> sarge stable versions.  We've seen odd things, but they're much more
> related to our krb4 and the need for funky PAM modules.  We'll upgrade
> to krbV soon, real soon . . . yeah, right.

I have Debian packages for the K4 components of OpenAFS available at:

    deb http://archives.eyrie.org/debian stable main

which might help, although I'll warn that you probably don't want that
openafs-kaserver package as it has Stanford-specific modifications.  (For
example, all password changes via rx are disabled.)  libpam-openafs-krb4
in particular may be useful, and possibly openafs-client-extra (which
includes pagsh.krb).  krb4-aklog is the afslog from KTH Kerberos built as
aklog, if you happen to have gone down some of the same paths that we did.

These packages are all 1.2.13, not anything more recent, but for those
components it shouldn't matter.