[OpenAFS-devel] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.4.0-rc1 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:37:27 +0200

Christopher Allen Wing wrote:

>     - On a related note, I split out the shared libraries (libafsrpc
>       and libafsauthent) and related files into 2 new packages:
>       'openafs-authlibs' and 'openafs-authlibs-devel'. Since nothing
>       in the OpenAFS build actually uses these libraries at the
>       moment, they should probably go into a separate piece for now.

Very recently, I filed a bug ticket (#20412) that netatalk could not
compile against openafs. It turned out it included only -lafsauthent
but -lafsauthent actually requires -lafsrpc, so one has to have
both available for the linker and runtime. So, I doubt it makes sense
to split them.
M.