[OpenAFS-devel] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.4.0-rc1 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:06:16 -0400 (EDT)

Martin:

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Martin MOKREJ~J wrote:

>>     - On a related note, I split out the shared libraries (libafsrpc
>>       and libafsauthent) and related files into 2 new packages:
>>       'openafs-authlibs' and 'openafs-authlibs-devel'. Since nothing
>>       in the OpenAFS build actually uses these libraries at the
>>       moment, they should probably go into a separate piece for now.
>
> Very recently, I filed a bug ticket (#20412) that netatalk could not
> compile against openafs. It turned out it included only -lafsauthent
> but -lafsauthent actually requires -lafsrpc, so one has to have
> both available for the linker and runtime. So, I doubt it makes sense
> to split them.

Both libafsrpc and libafsauthent are in the same package. What I meant by
'split them off' was that I removed the shared libraries from the other
OpenAFS RPMs, and put them in their own package.

openafs-authlibs contains only the shared libraries (libafsrpc and
libafsauthent); openafs-authlibs-devel contains the static libraries of
the same name, as well as the symbolic links 'libafsrpc.so',
'libafsauthent.so', which are only used during linking.

Thanks,

Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu