[OpenAFS-devel] clients able to create corrupt file on non-largefile server

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:57:00 -0500

Unfortunately no... The only detail I have is that the client is
attempting to create a >2GB zip file, and it's obviously not working. I
think what's happening though is that it is able to create one exactly
2GB or something like that.

2147483648 Aug 11 19:22 backup articles_m08-11-2005_17#57#52.zip

The only reason I noticed this file is that there are only a small
number of files on the volume, and the vol won't move or dump - and this
has happened once to this user/volume in the past, likely the same
cause.=20

Maybe there is a >=3D 2GB somewhere instead of a > 2GB?

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216
=20