[OpenAFS-devel] afsd-1.4.0-rc3 problems

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:53:30 -0400

In message <4332EFDB.1070705@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz>,=?windows-1252?Q?Martin_MOKREJ=8A?= writes:
>  I have problem to get running a huge cache on an SMP linux box.
>The same cache size works fine on non-SMP boxes using same ext2 filesystem.
>On the problematic host, I can start using 3.6GB cache, but not 36GB large.

i cant explain why either would work.  the current code to compute cache
fullness overflows values around 20GB which would limits this cache to
something like 16GB.  to play it safe, the 18GB is the largest cache
i would try with the 1.4.0 release.  this will likely be fixed in a
later release.

what are you trying to cache?

>** Cache entry @ 0xde6d2d64 for 163.536870913.1.1 [phylo.natur.cuni.cz]
>    locks: (none_waiting, write_locked(pid:8017 at:54))
>    6510615555426900570 bytes   DV 0 refcnt 2

this value is disturbing.