[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket Questions

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:22:26 -0500

While they need a tiny bit of work...

> I believe the following GUI tools are required for AFS:
>
> (1) an AFS token manager.  This tool displays the current tokens and can
> be used to obtain new ones or remove the existing ones.  This could be
> replaced by a Network Identity Manager type tool if it was provided by
> Apple.

AFS Tokens.app ... also allows some manipulation of pts group membership.
(linux version using gtk2 also available)

with the afs listcells fix, all it needs is a recompile under openafs1.4

> (2) an AFS System Preferences tool which can be used to modify the
> startup parameters for the AFS kernel module, probe the AFS Cache
> Manager status, and configure the list of cells for which tokens should
> be obtained when a kinit or login is performed.

Doesn't currently integrate into system preferences, but, you can upon the
initial install of afs, set the cellname, cell alias, edit CellServDB entries,
and edit startup options.

afsinstall.app (should be called afsconfigure.app, but was originally intended
to be part of the afs installation package and run at that point).

> (3) an AFS Finder Extension that would allow the user to manipulate
> mount points, ACLs, Flush Files, Directories, or Volumes, and show
> various AFS related information as reported by "fs examine" or "vos
> examine".

Would be nice to find some docs on how to write a finder extension. Last time I
looked, I could not find anything.

I then turned to trying to get AFSTokens.app to be a service, but had not yet
got that working properly, either.

> This is not a small amount of code to write and we will need resources
> in order to be able to produce it.  Anyone interested in volunteering is
> invited to contact the OpenAFS gatekeepers.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

what we've got is available at:
http://cf.ccmr.cornell.edu/publicdownloads/afs